1. SEO is a One-Off Process > SEO is rather an ongoing process requiring hard work, thorough research and dedicated attention. You can’t “set it and forget it” as it needs to evolve with not only the search engine algorithms, but also your business.
2. SEO is a Acam > On the contrary, when search engine optimization is done properly and adequately, it helps websites achieve great search engine rankings. How can earning a higher rank be a scam when done ethically.
3. SEO Gives Guaranteed Results > As they say, there are no guarantees in life and SEO doesn’t guarantee a website’s success either. However, there is a very high possibility of success when SEO is implemented correctly using white-hat tactics.
4. Your Website Needs to be Submitted to Search Engines to Get Ranked > While it does speed up the process, it is no more a true necessity to submit your website to search engines now. That is because search engine crawlers eventually find it themselves in due time within due time.
5. The More Backlinks, The Better > More is certainly not merrier in this case. Mere quantity is not important if the backlinks are not relevant and of good enough quality. It is important to generate quality backlinks and if you can build many quality backlinks, then you are off to a great start.
6. You Can Make Do Without Meta Tags > Although Meta tags are not the make or break factor in search engine optimization, they are still important enough. A keyword rich, proper title and description on each page will assist you in getting your website ranked better in search results.
7. Search Rankings Are Affected by PPC Marketing > No link exists between PPC and your website’s ranking in search results.
8. Optimizing for Google is Enough > Google is not the only search engine for which you need to optimize your website. It sure is one of the few most important ones, but keep the bigger picture in mind as well for Yahoo, Bing, Ask, AOL, etc. Your website still shows up on those search engines as well.
Never base your search engine optimization efforts on myths or misconceptions. If you have any confusion or doubts, sort it out before embarking on hiring a company or taking it on yourself.